- I'm the Program and Communications Coordinator for the Office of Community Engagement at Concordia University. One of my responsibilities is overseeing the University of the Streets Café program where I've been involved as a moderator since 2003. I also provide mediation, facilitation and coaching services to individuals and groups.
- I teach CPAC102: Topics in Volunteerism and Community Development. This course is offered through the McGill School of Continuing Studies and leads students to consider the approaches and practices of local community organizing. Participants are introduced to the significance, and critiques, of volunteerism and the impact perpetrated by various local, third sector groups.
- My MA is in Educational Studies (Concordia University). My thesis research project, Power Up!, was a bike-powered exploration of the intersection of technology, community and self-reliance.
- I'm an affiliate of the Centre for Oral History and Digital Storytelling at Concordia University and a member of the Constructed Environment Knowledge Community.
- Mapmaker Shane Watt and I are currently collaborating on Paper Places: an Exploration of Mapmaking and the Commons, a series workshops on our relationship to the city.
- A paper I wrote on the hacker-maker social movement is in Perspective on the Status of Electronic Equipment in Montreal, a journal published by Articule and the Artifact Institute. The publication launch will be on June 25 from 5-7PM at Articule.
- On Friday July 1st and Saturday July 2nd, Shane Watt and I will lead Paper Places sessions as part of the Montreal en Arts festival.
- I will co-facilitate a workshop titled: From Dialog to Engagement: How can public conversation help foster critical citizenship? at the 2016 World Social Forum held August 9-14 in Montreal.
- I contributed a short presentation on social networks and communities of practice to the Social Learning for Social Impact Group MOOC taught at McGill by Profs. Henry Mintzberg, Leslie Breitner and Anita Nowak, and Carlos Rueda.
Here is my profile on LinkedIn.
Reach me by email.